Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sunny side up !!!

The best way to reflect on a place is probably to recall the moments still lodged in memory. I might not be the best person to say anything about IIFT because I didn't mingle with a lot of people but still being a part of it, I just wanted to blog down what the things that I carry along with me. I guess besides bitching around, guys have generally been talking about their insecurity. Even me. I don't count myself out. The general discussion revolved around how we are at par or may be better than most colleges and how we still are underpaid on recruitment front. Well, probably we are better off than most colleges but I guess, college education don't provide you any tool for doing business. If I had been an HR, i would rather go to an engineering college or other grad school, at least there would be less to unlearn.

The most knowledgeable person i found, did his MBA from some shit college in Agra. I joined a BPO for 1 day. There I found many much better and grounded on praactical knowledge than regular b-school shit. The guys whom I thought had more practical knowledge and experience, direct or indirect didn't end up with best of jobs. I believe management education should be banned for people having less than 2 years of experience. That includes even me.

Second thing which I will always remember is the discussion revolving around who is hooked up with whom. Who stands where and all that. I always felt uncomfortable discussing people who don't concern me but I did to satisfy unattended itches of quiet a few.

What else... I can never forget Bhola and it's contribution. This is one of the biggest gifts I got from IIFT. The night you get bholaaed, you understand more about life. Five guys bholaaed and a movie in PVR was an unforgetful experience. So was the one when i formulated the bubble theory or when we wanted to go from big banana to saket and ended up half way to gurgaon. I will also remember numerous sessions of random dance and booze and leg pulling and insane futile over next to nothing.

The best part though should be the IIFT parties, uncountable of those. I dont think I missed any except the last one where I passed out because I was too tired. Searching for booze like junkies. Standing at the bar table and dancing to anything which has beats in it. Lying helplessly on floor with many other and listening to senti songs. Also I can never forget the million times, I would have taken my car at night with six people in it and we went any to ber sarai or anywhere to fetch food. Theovernight drives to both Agra and Jaipur were also awesome where I drove all night singing and dancing. No one slept. Everything was just awesome. Great memories.

As I keep writing, many more things are coming to my mind. Thankfully all good. The hundreds of movies that I would have watched. Many with Arka and debating over small things. The rise and fall of Socrates. A personal adventure ride for me and great company to help me put up anything of substance. In fact I was the support, the main actors were Shirsha and Ravi Teja.

There could not have been a better gift than a trip to Jim Corbett and than to Kashmir. Both were wonderful and I guess almost all that took part in it, enjoyed. Thanks for memories.

Bbye forever

No comments: